An archive of our previous conference topics along with audio recordings is available below.
2017 – The English Reformation
The 7th Annual Calgary Reformed Conference featured Dr. Michael A.G. Haykin. Dr. Haykin is Professor of Church History at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky, and the Director of The Andrew Fuller Center for Baptist Studies. Dr. Haykin is the author of a number of books dealing with Patristic and Baptist studies and is also the general editor of a forthcoming 16-volume edition of the works of Andrew Fuller (Walter de Gruyter).
- Session 1: Treasuring the Word of God – The Witness of William Tyndale
- Session 2: Knowing God’s Sovereign Grace – The Witness of Thomas Cranmer
- Session 3: Standing Fast for Christ – The Life of Lady Jane Grey
2016 – The Humanity of Christ
The 6th Annual Calgary Reformed Conference featured Dr. Mark Jones. Dr. Jones is a Minister at Faith Vancouver Presbyterian Church. He is a Research Associate in the Faculty of Theology at University of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa, as well as a Lecturer in Dogmatic Theology at the John Wycliffe Theological College in South Africa. Dr. Jones is a recognized expert in Puritan Theology and is a well-known blogger (previously: Reformation21.org; now: DesiringGod.org). He has published a number of books including Knowing Christ, Antinomianism, and A Puritan Theology.
- Session 1: Humiliation and Glory – Christ’s Pattern and Ours
- Session 2: The Incarnation – God’s Most Difficult Work
- Session 3: The Holy Spirit and Christ and Us – Imitation is Flattery
- Sunday Sermon 1: No Angel of the Lord
- Sunday Sermon 2: Christ and His Humanity
2015 – Leadership Lessons from the Life of David: Leading at Home, Church, and Society
The 5th Annual Calgary Reformed Conference featured Rev. Richard D. Phillips. Rev. Phillips is the senior minister of Second Presbyterian Church in Greenville, South Carolina, and chairman of the Philadelphia Conference on Reformed Theology.
- Session 1: How to be a Heroic Leader
- Session 2: How to be a Visionary Leader
- Session 3: How to be a Fallen Leader
2014 – Glorifying God With Our Bodies: A Practical Theology of the Body
The 4th Annual Calgary Reformed Conference featured Dr. David Murray. Dr. Murray is Professor of Old Testament Studies and Practical Theology at the Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary. He is also the pastor of the Grand Rapids Free Reformed Church.
- Session 1: Body Theology
- Session 2: Body Worship
- Session 3: Body Future
- Sunday Sermon: The Happiest People in the World
2013 – Turning the Church Inside Out (Church Missions)
The 3rd Annual Calgary Reformed Conference featured Dr. Nelson Kloosterman. Dr. Kloosterman serves as Ethics Consultant for Worldview Resources International (St. John, Indiana, USA), a Christian service organization that provides resources for applying a Christian worldview to living in a global culture.
- Session 1: The Bible Story – Election for Serving
- Session 2: Christ’s Demonstration – Obedience in Suffering
- Session 3: The Church’s Calling – Exhibiting the Gospel’s Culture
- Sunday Sermon 1: Greetings from Heaven for a Wounded Church
- Sunday Sermon 2 Kingdom – Love Tested by Marital Obedience
2012 – When the Storm Breaks: Suffering the Christian Life (The Book of Job)
The 2nd Annual Calgary Reformed Conference featured Dr. Derek Thomas. Dr. Thomas is the Robert Strong Professor of Systematic and Pastoral Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary and Minister of Preaching and Teaching at First Presbyterian Church, Columbia, South Carolina.
- Session 1: Righteous Suffering: When Bad Things Happen to Good People
- Session 2: Easy explanations: Is Suffering Always Punishment?
- Session 3: Trusting God When the Lights Go Out: Submission to the Providence of God
2011 – Holiness
The first Calgary Reformed Conference featured Dr. Joel R. Beeke. Dr. Beeke is President and Professor of Systematic Theology and Homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary, a pastor of the Heritage Netherlands Reformed Congregation in Grand Rapids, Michigan, editor of Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth, editorial director of Reformation Heritage Books, president of Inheritance Publishers, and vice-president of the Dutch Reformed Translation Society.
- Session 1: Developing Prayerfulness
- Session 2: Pursuing Holiness
- Session 3: Responding to Affliction
- Sunday Sermon 1: What is the Gospel?
- Sunday Sermon 2: Persevering in the Gospel